INEA is launching the first call for proposal to support synergy actions between the transport and energy sector, with a total budget of €40 million.
Actions selected under this call will support the deployment of sustainable and efficient transport and energy infrastructure by contributing to achieving the following specific objectives:
- Ensuring sustainable and efficient transport systems, by supporting a transition to innovative low-carbon and energy-efficient transport technologies and systems, while optimising safety.
- Increasing competitiveness by promoting the further integration of the internal energy market and the interoperability of electricity and gas networks across borders.
- Supporting projects promoting the interconnection of networks in the Member states;
- Removing internal constraints;
- Decreasing energy isolation;
- Increasing the interconnectivity in electricity and achieving price convergence between the energy markets.
Deadline for submission: 13 December 2016
More information on https://ec.europa.eu/inea/en/connecting-europe-facility/2016-cef-synergy-call