Elaphe Propulsion Technologies
by Mirjana Oblak | Oct 31, 2016
Name of the Organisation: Elaphe Propulsion Technologies Ltd.
Organisation Short Name: Elaphe Ltd.
Organisation Type: PRC
ACTIVITYTopic(s) of interest from 2016-2017 Transport Work Programme:
Fields of Activity: Elaphe Propulsion Technologies Ltd is focused on the development of in-wheel propulsion systems for electric and hybrid vehicles with over 1000 Nm of torque. As a pioneer of the in-wheel architecture solutions, Elaphe has demonstrated in-wheel technology solutions in more than 12 different in-wheel motor powered vehicle types, and developed, built and tested over 15 different types of in-wheel motors. Elaphe patented electromagnetic topology and mechanical design enables our direct-drive, high-efficiency motors to fit into the wheel of a vehicle without compromising performance and form. In addition, Elaphe has in-house development of propulsion system electronics, which allows easy integration of complete propulsion system. Our vision is to bring new environmentally friendly technologies to the automotive industry market. Due to huge improvements in energy efficiency and reduction of vehicle weight this technology can significantly contribute to the reduction of global emissions and use of raw materials. We are experienced and ambitious development team consisting of physicists, electrical, and mechanical engineers. Elaphe possesses fully equipped laboratories for the research and development of high torque in-wheel motors. The main laboratories for all development and testing activities are located in-house at Elaphe, as well as a small and pilot scale laboratory and production space.
Skills and Experise Offered: - Elaphe core field is development, production and testing of in-wheel motors for wide range of electric vehicles: customized motor development; preparation of feasibility studies; customization or development of a complete vehicle powertrain; support in bottom-up vehicle development; etc.
- Development, production and testing of other propulsion components for different electric vehicles: inverters; propulsion control unit; turn-key electric vehicle propulsion systems; infotainment; etc.
- Demonstration of the benefits of propulsion components in different electric vehicles
- Introduction of different electric vehicles in pilot projects (e.g. introduction of advanced and innovative vehicles in one of the areas, gather user experience and use it in the development, etc.)
Keywords: transport, mobility, intelligent transport systems, transport engineering, decarbonisation, vehicle engineering, in-wheel motor, hub motor, electric powertrain, high torque motor, direct drive, electric propulsion, electric vehicle, production technologies, innovation
Previous FP Projects Participated: • H2020: SME Instrument phase 2: PRODRIVE - Production-Ready Oriented Development of Radically Innovative Vehicle Electric drive (2016-2018)
• H2020: EU-LIVE - Efficient Urban LIght VEhicles; 2015-2018
• H2020: Silver Stream - Social innovation and light electric vehicle revolution on streets and ambient; 2015-2018 (WP e-Drive train leader)
• FP7: STABLE - Stable high-capacity lithium-Air Batteries with Long cycle life for Electric cars; 2012-2015
• FP7: COSIVU - Compact Smart and reliable drive unit for fully electric vehicles; 2012-2015 (WP System Architecture leader)
• Interreg CE: REZIPE - Renewable Energies for Zero emission transport in Europe; 2010-2013
• ERA-SME / FP7: HYCAT - Hybrid All-terrain Vehicle; 2009-2010
Contact Person: Urska Skrt
Position in the Organisation: Business Developer