CEAGA – Galician Automotive Cluster
by Borja Dapena Gonzalez | Sep 13, 2017
Name of the Organisation: CEAGA - Galician Automotive Cluster
Organisation Short Name: CEAGA
Organisation Type: OTH
ACTIVITYTopic(s) of interest from 2016-2017 Transport Work Programme:
- 5. LOGISTICS
- MG-5.2-2017: Innovative ICT solutions for future logistics operations
- MG-5.4-2017: Potential of the Physical Internet
- 8. SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND BEHAVIOURAL RESEARCH AND FORWARD LOOKING ACTIVITIES FOR POLICY MAKING
- MG-8.2-2017: Big data in Transport: Research opportunities, challenges and limitations
- MG-8-7-2017: Future research needs and priorities in the area of transport
- Automated Road Transport
- ART-07-2017: Full-scale demonstration of urban road transport automation
- SEC-BES 17-2017: Architectures and organizations, big data and data analytics for customs risk management of the international goods supply chain trade movements
- ICT-14-2016-2017 (2017): Big Data PPP: cross-sectoral and cross-lingual data integration and experimentation
- ICT-15-2016-2017 (2017): Big Data PPP: Large Scale Pilot actions in sectors best benefitting from data-driven innovation
Fields of Activity: The Galician Automotive Cluster (CEAGA) brings together the entire automotive sector in Galicia, region in the northwest of Spain which holds an important position in the field of manufacturing cars and components at European level. CEAGA represents 115 automotive companies (60% SMEs), 19.850 direct workers and 8.320 Million Euros turnover. CEAGA holds the Gold Label certification awarded by the European Secretary for Clusters Analysis (ESCA), since 2013. The mission of CEAGA is to develop cooperative projects to foster competitiveness. More than 20 years after its creation, CEAGA has become a solid structure, allowing the sector to develop initiatives of great strategic value and to introduce new companies in our region. Since it was first established, the number of members has grown by more than 100%: from 37 companies to the 115 companies. The CEAGA’s vision is to position the Galician Automotive Sector as a Global Leader in terms of competitiveness and sustainability in a 2025 time horizon.
Skills and Experise Offered: - Industry 4.0 or Factory of Future
- Leadership and culture
- International expansion and business development
- Product development
- Competitiveness and manufacturing excellence
- Competitiveness and logistic excellence
- Competitiveness and purchasing excellence
- Opened innovation and entrepreneurship
- Sustainability and life cycle
- Communication and sectorial networking
Keywords: CEAGA, Galicia, Automotive, Sector, Cluster, Cooperation, Collaboration, H2020, Logistics, FoF, Industry, cars, components.
Previous FP Projects Participated: - eBRIDGE “Empowering e-fleets for business and private purposes in cities”: funded under the Intelligent Energy Europe Programme (IEE) and operative since March 2013, this project aims to demonstrate that the introduction of electric vehicles in captive fleets for corporate and private usage in cities can help overcome barriers and efficiently contribute to improving market conditions for the electric mobility sector. CEAGA participates, together with 13 companies and institutions from 6 EU countries, in this project and its role is transferring electric vehicles to its member companies and monitoring their use.
- CO-GISTICS "Cooperative Logistics for sustainable mobility": 31 entities all over Europe collaborate with CEAGA in this project, co-funded under the CIP ICT PSP work programme 2013. The main objective is improving the efficiency of the goods transport in different areas, implementing the already existing technologies in the different pilot experiences simultaneously carried out in 6 European cities (Trieste, Bilbao, Bordeaux, Vigo, Thessaloniki and Frankfurt).
AEOLIX (Architecture for EurOpean Logistics Information eXchange):The AEOLIX project will develop a digital ecosystem to better manage, plan and synchronise freight and logistics operations across Europe. By enabling low complexity and low cost connectivity of local ICT platforms and systems and thereby scalable, trusted and secure exchange of information, AEOLIX will improve the overall competitiveness of goods transport in the supply chain, while simultaneously targeting sustainability from environmental, economic and social perspectives.
- AEOLIX (Architecture for EurOpean Logistics Information eXchange):The AEOLIX project will develop a digital ecosystem to better manage, plan and synchronise freight and logistics operations across Europe. By enabling low complexity and low cost connectivity of local ICT platforms and systems and thereby scalable, trusted and secure exchange of information, AEOLIX will improve the overall competitiveness of goods transport in the supply chain, while simultaneously targeting sustainability from environmental, economic and social perspectives.
Contact Person: Dr. Borja Dapena
Position in the Organisation: Project Manager