Koç University researcher seeking a coordinator – 1
by Emrah Göker | Sep 11, 2018
Name of the Organisation: Koç University
Organisation Short Name: KU
Organisation Type: HES
ACTIVITYTopic(s) of interest from 2018-2019 Transport Work Programme:
- LC-MG-1-10-2019: Logistics solutions that deal with requirements of the ‘on demand economy’ and for shared-connected and low-emission logistics operations
- MG-2-9-2019: Integrated multimodal, low-emission freight transport systems and logistics (Inco Flagship)
Fields of Activity: Researcher expertise in * multi-modal transportation, * integer programming, * combinatorial optimization, * stochastic programming, * conic programming, and * data driven optimization.
Skills and Experise Offered: - Development of efficient exact/heuristic solution algorithms for multi-modal transportation network design problems.
- Development and analyses of innovative business models (such as crowd-shipping and shared-use) that aims to exploit unique opportunities offered by the multi-modal transportation.
- Application of physical internet concepts to develop innovative solution approaches for multi-modal transportation network design.
- Quantitative analysis of potential benefits of multi national cooperation strategies that aim to exploit novel capabilities of multi-modal transportation applications.
Keywords: transportation networks; multi-modal applications
Previous FP Projects Participated: -
Contact Person: Barış Yıldız
Position in the Organisation: Assistan Professor, Dep of Industrial Engineering