by Aleksandar Jevtic | Jan 24, 2020
Name of the Organisation: Ficosa ADAS, S.L.U.
Organisation Short Name: Ficosa
Organisation Type: PRC
ACTIVITYTopic(s) of interest from 2018-2019 Transport Work Programme:
- MG-2-7-2019: Safety in an evolving road mobility environment
- MG-4-5-2019: An inclusive digitally interconnected transport system meeting citizens' needs
- MG-4-7-2020: Digitisation of the transport system: data sharing
- DT-ART-03-2019: Human centred design for the new driver role in highly automated vehicles
- DT-ART-04-2019: Developing and testing shared, connected and cooperative automated vehicle fleets in urban areas for the mobility of all
- DT-ART-06-2020: Large-scale, cross-border demonstration of connected and highly automated driving functions for passenger cars
- LC-GV-09-2020: Setting up a common European research and innovation strategy for the future of road transport
Fields of Activity: FICOSA ADAS, S.L.U. is a part of FICOSA, an independent industrial group dedicated to the research, development, production and commercialization of systems and components of the automotive sector. Located in Barcelona (Spain), the group has a global team of more than 9,000 professionals and is represented in 19 countries around the world. FICOSA has established itself as the technological partner of some of the most important car manufacturers in the world. In particular, it is one of the three main suppliers worldwide of rear-view mirrors. The group develops and produces a wide range of vision systems for the most important automobile manufacturers. Since July 1, 2015, PANASONIC has acquired 49% of the shares of FICOSA, thus beginning a capital and technical alliance, with the purpose of launching retro-vision electronic systems, and expanding the ADAS department (Advanced Driving Assistance Systems) and systems connected through the telematics unit installed in vehicles.
Skills and Experise Offered: FICOSA ADAS is a new business unit within the group, dedicated specifically to the development of ADAS systems based on camera technology, with special attention to rear-view mirror replacement applications by camera and monitor systems, parking cameras, peripheral vision systems and systems for monitoring the driver's status. The unit is located in the main plant of FICOSA, in Viladecavalls (Barcelona). The unit has a specific team dedicated to the research in computer vision using vehicle perception and artificial intelligence. For the development of its products, the company gathers highly qualified personnel, specialized engineers and technicians, as well as leading technology in electronics and mechatronics. Using the structure of the FICOSA group, the company has complete access to the facilities of design, development, production and testing of electronic devices and software, and mechanical integration of systems in vehicles.
Keywords: adas, computer vision, machine vision, cameras, artificial intelligence
Previous FP Projects Participated: PRYSTINE (H2020-ECSEL-2017-2-RIA, Budget: ~50 M€):
SECREDAS (H2020-ECSEL-2017-2-RIA, Budget: ~51 M€):
SUaaVE (H2020-MG-2018, ~4 M€):
Contact Person: Aleksandar Jevtic
Position in the Organisation: AI and Interaction Team Lead, Vision Systems group