by Sara Poveda Reyes | Jan 11, 2018
Name of the Organisation: AITEC-INTL
Organisation Short Name: AITEC
Organisation Type: PRC
ACTIVITYTopic(s) of interest from 2018-2019 Transport Work Programme:
- MG-2-6-2019: Moving freight by Water: Sustainable Infrastructure and Innovative Vessels
- MG-2-9-2019: Integrated multimodal, low-emission freight transport systems and logistics (Inco Flagship)
Fields of Activity: AITEC (www.aitec-intl.com) is a Spanish R&D-performing SME established in October 2002. On the one hand, it offers technological services to companies in the fields of transport and logistics, driver behaviour programmes based on safety, and low carbon solutions through our trademark "CO2 Services" (www.co2services.es). On the other hand, we have an active research and innovation department promoting and participating in projects for a safer, low carbon, resilient and efficient transport and logistics; as well as solutions for a sustainable development.
Skills and Experise Offered: AITEC offers its expertise in the following research areas:
- Methodologies to assess human behaviour: Behaviour-based safety assessments for safe transport and load/unload procedures. This type of assessments includes the analysis of factors that influence workers performance during work, risk analysis, the training of the personnel and the establishment of future actions in order to improve safety at work.
- Risk analysis.
- Training centre for dangerous goods drivers.
- Low-carbon solutions for transport and logistics based on new designs generated by genetic algorithms.
- Global freight transport solutions for a sustainable integrated multimodal freight transport using new emerging technologies under a physical internet approach for a seamless door-to-door transport.
- Analysis and design of port´s multimodal transfer zones.
- Stowage procedures for freight transport.
- Knowledge in freight transport regulations.
- Use of multi-criteria decision analysis (MCDA) methods for multiple decision making problems to prioritize and combine a number of competing interests from the private and public side. These techniques allow the analysis of the problem and the prioritization between the different alternatives or solutions.
- Co-design and use of user-driven innovation techniques for an early and continuous engagement of stakeholders, which are keys for the development of innovative solutions with higher acceptance by the society.
- Methodologies for an accelerated implementation of new technologies (IAM-implementation acceleration methodology) which includes the identification and prioritization of barriers, and an analysis of how to overcome them.
- Environmental risk analysis.
- Development of life cycle analysis.
environmental footprint of different companies.
- Carbon footprint assessments (e.g. GHG Protocol), providing solutions to reduce the
Keywords: Life cycle analysis, co-design, UDI techniques, carbon footprint methodologies, risk studies, multimodal freight transport, human behaviour studies; Multi-criteria analysis.
Previous FP Projects Participated: CO2 MultiDecision Terminal (IVACE): Design of the lay out of container terminals to decrease the carbon footprint without affecting drastically the cost efficiency.
gADGeTs (Innoglobal - EUREKA): Total automation of the dangerous goods supply chain to increase the safety and the security. During this project it has also been developed a new methodology, the IAM-ICT (Implementation Acceleration Method for ICTs) for the identification of key factors involved in the implementation and integration of disruptive ICTs for the transport of dangerous goods.
Development of a stowage freight system for road and train transport (Spanish Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism).
Contact Person: Francisco Santarremigia
Position in the Organisation: Technical Manager