Airport Regions Conference
by Alexandra Covrig | Jun 22, 2018
Name of the Organisation: Airport Regions Conference
Organisation Short Name: ARC
Organisation Type: OTH
ACTIVITYTopic(s) of interest from 2018-2019 Transport Work Programme:
- 1. BUILDING A LOW-CARBON, CLIMATE RESILIENT FUTURE: LOW-CARBON AND SUSTAINABLE TRANSPORT
- LC-MG-1-5-2019: Advancements in aerodynamics and innovative propulsion systems for quieter and greener aircrafts
- LC-MG-1-6-2019: Aviation operations impact on climate change
- LC-MG-1-7-2019: Future propulsion and integration: towards a hybrid/electric aircraft
- LC-MG-1-9-2019: Upgrading transport infrastructure in order to monitor noise and emissions
- LC-MG-1-10-2019: Logistics solutions that deal with requirements of the ‘on demand economy’ and for shared-connected and low-emission logistics operations
- MG-2-7-2019: Safety in an evolving road mobility environment
- MG-2-8-2019: Innovative applications of drones for ensuring safety in transport
- MG-2-9-2019: Integrated multimodal, low-emission freight transport systems and logistics (Inco Flagship)
- MG-4-4-2018-2019: Support for dissemination events in the field of Transport Research
- MG-4-5-2019: An inclusive digitally interconnected transport system meeting citizens' needs
- MG-4-6-2019: Supporting Joint Actions on sustainable urban accessibility and connectivity
- DT-ART-04-2019: Developing and testing shared, connected and cooperative automated vehicle fleets in urban areas for the mobility of all
- LC-GV-03-2019: User centric charging infrastructure
- LC-GV-05-2019: InCo flagship on “Urban mobility and sustainable electrification in large urban areas in developing and emerging economies”
Fields of Activity: Thanks to our involvement in previous European projects, we have established ourselves as a credible partner for communication, dissemination and exploitation activities. We are actively seeking to contribute to European projects that support our fundamental values and strategic objectives. Our research interests are in line with the concerns of our members. Key areas of interest: • Reducing CO2 emissions and other emissions (e.g. ultrafine particles) • Training and employment in airport regions • Congestion and airport capacity • Land use and airport expansion • Intermodality • Surface access • Connectivity • Air quality • Airport accessibility and public transport to airports • Employment • Branding and Territorial marketing • Noise reduction and mitigation policies • Spatial planning • Governance • Sustainable fuel and alternative energy
Skills and Experise Offered: The Airport Regions Conference (ARC) is an association of regional and local authorities across Europe with an international airport situated within or near their territories. The ARC brings together a wide range of expertise at the interface of air transport and local and regional policies. A common concern is to balance the economic benefits generated by the airports with their environmental impact.
Key takeaways about ARC:
• We are a platform of interregional cooperation that gathers 30+ members across Europe.
• We are a network of regional and local authorities and we are part of the decision-making process on air transport policies.
• We are the legitimate and independent voice of European residents and represent them at European level.
• We have 20+ experience in communication, projects and policy advocacy. During these years of activities, we achieved an extensive database of over 5000 subscribers which empowers us to perform efficient communication and dissemination.
• Thanks to our extensive database, we often do the “match-making” for projects: we have the ability to establish a high-quality consortium tailored to specific topics and roles.
• We are located in Brussels, the heart of Europe, and therefore, we are always present at high-level and high-impact events.
• We have in-house expertise in different fields: project management, graphic design, administration.
• We have proved experience in European projects, being often recommended as the communication, dissemination and exploitation leader: http://airportregions.org/projects/ .
• We are proactive in policies and governance through our own publications: http://airportregions.org/publications/.
For more information and a clearer overview of the ARC contribution to European projects, please contact us. We have a dedicated project concept note that we can share upon request.
Keywords: Interregional Cooperation, Green Mobility, Air quality, Quieter Planes, Connectivity, Policy-Making, Communication, Dissemination, Exploitation of results, IPR, Stakeholder Engagement, Sustainable Resources, Governance.
Previous FP Projects Participated: Latest ARC projects:
• Horizon 2020 Project – on-going project
ANIMA (Aviation Noise Impact Management through Novel Approaches) http://airportregions.org/projects/anima/
The ARC is involved in the project as the communication partner, being the leader of the work package dedicated to communication, dissemination and exploitation of project results.
• Interreg Central Europe Project – on-going project
LAirA (Landside airports access)
The ARC’s role is to lead the communication activities of the project, to disseminate the LAirA outcomes and to manage the stakeholders involved in the project.
• Interreg IVC Project - closed
Decarbonising Airport Regions (dAIR)
The ARC was the communication leader in this project, being charge of digital communication (website development and maintenance), visual identity, transnational documents (final report), etc.
Contact Person: Alexandra Covrig
Position in the Organisation: Projects and Communication Officer