Autonomous Maritime Vessels Experts – Looking for Suitable Consortium for R&D
by Jonathan Ericson | Feb 12, 2018
Name of the Organisation: Puzzle Projects LTD
Organisation Short Name: Puzzle
Organisation Type: PRC
ACTIVITYTopic(s) of interest from 2018-2019 Transport Work Programme:
Fields of Activity: Autonomous and Remote Controlled project Design, Development and Integration. Maritime Technologies
Skills and Experise Offered: Puzzle Projects took a major part in the development of Rafael’s “Protector® USV”, a fully operational vessel with both autonomous and remote-control capabilities (http://www.rafael.co.il/5670-2676-EN/Marketing.aspx).
Puzzle’s team consists of maritime experts whose responsibilities, for the past 13 years, included:
1) Design and definition of the System Architecture, including System Integration and HMI Requirements (both local and remote).
2) Development of new System Capabilities as part of a designated R&D team.
3) Quality and Safety Assurance methodology and procedures, including planning and execution of Lab and Maritime Tests and Trails.
4) Development of detailed requirements for the ACAA (Autonomous Collision Avoidance Autopilot), designed to function in accordance with International Maritime Law, including a detailed algorithmic break down of Use Case Scenarios action/reaction.
5) Operation of the USV throughout development, tests and customer trails resulting in hundreds of hours of accumulated experience.
Keywords: USV, Autonomous, Maritime, Integration, Design
Previous FP Projects Participated: Currently taking part in a consortium dedicated to MG-3-2-2018 - Autonomous Ship.
Contact Person: Jonathan Ericson
Position in the Organisation: R&D Coordinator